Monday, February 2, 2009

Another Reader in the Family!

Emily started kindergarten this year and we started phonics at the beginning of the school year. We started with the sounds the letters make. Then she learned to put those letters together to make words. From there, we put words together to make sentences, and when we returned to school after the Christmas break, she started reading her phonics readers. Now she loves to read and can't get enough. I love to watch her face light up as she sounds out a word and then realizes what it is. What joy! I was a reader as I grew up in a home with no television and even now, I love to curl up with a good book - one that keeps me awake into the wee sma's when everyone else is snoring away. I love the fact that a good book can transport you to another time and another place every time you crack it open. In honor of Emily's journey into the world of reading, I made this Layout for her scrapbook. Special thanks to my good friend, Larry Rea for sharing the sparrow with me. He was so interested in what Emily was reading, he hopped right up on her shoulder to see what it was. :)
(Digital Kits by Nicole Young at Digital Scrapbook Place)

1 comment:

Forget Me Nots Design said...

Hi, this is Theresa from Heritage Scrap (ForgetMeNots). I left you a PM in the forum. I love your blog and will be coming back. I'm a Christian home schooling Mom too.