Saturday, February 14, 2009

My funny Valentine

Emily is just the funniest little girl. I don't know how I'm expected to teach her when she has me cracking up all the time. It's fun watching things click for her. The other day in math she had to practice writing the number 15. She was tracing the dotted sample when she proclaimed, "That's a great idea!" I asked her "what?" and she said. "They put a dotted line in the middle so you know where to start turning the round part of your five."

Next she told me that the half time show during the Super Bowl was 12 minutes long and it was already past her bedtime. Then she says, "What's a minute?" I told her, "We just learned about time last week. A minute is one time around the clock." Then she asks, "What if the clock is square?"

See why I enjoy teaching Emily? She cracks me up!

No comments: