Monday, January 19, 2009

The snow must go on...

So the weather forecast said the snow was going to taper off Sunday morning. I think that's when it really kicked in. Big fluffy flakes palling around together until we had another 10+" on the ground with snow drifts waist high.

So how 'bout them Stillers? Sorry, that was in Pittsburgh-ese. Let me translate. So, how about those Steelers? :D I was wearing black and gold back when we were waiting for 1 for the thumb and the Steelers were on a roll. The game got so close at one point Sunday that I had to walk away and bite my nails (which was pretty gross since I was washing dishes. LOL). Of course, I kept coming back asking what was happening. So yeah, there were some pretty impressive plays in the game, but do you know what impressed me most? The most impressive part of the game was when several huge, manly men, in the face of uncertainty when two players went down on the field, got on their knees and cried out to God for mercy. Wow! That was powerful!

It reminded me of an incident that happened a few days before. There was a lot of praying going on on the Hudson River when 155 people looked death in the face and then turned and walked away.

Two incidents in one week showed the nation that God would be glorified - one way or the other.

I am reading "Purpose Driven Life" again and today we read that we were made to glorify God. When we are doing what we were created to do, it glorifies God. When an ant acts like an ant as he was created to do, it glorifies God. And when we do what we were created to do (worship God), it glorifies God.

One thing I've realized lately is that life is short. I'm probably half way through mine and what have I done? All the normal stuff - had a career, got married, had children. But what have I done with any eternal consequences? I'm thinking about going on a mission trip. I'll let you know if that comes to pass...

Well, the battery on the laptop is telling me it's time to close out this post...more later.

No comments: